Friday, April 12, 2013

A LIFE OF DEATH



So full of death was life my friend
We often wondered what and why
On the question of death we would pretend
We could love it and look it straight in the eye.

So full of love for death  were we
We’d sit by fires with wagging tongues
Talk of death into the night and smile
With doomed elation and smoked up lungs

So much in awe of death were we
Forgetting all of life in the midst
All that engulfed us was what and why
If only we knew the people who die

Where do they go? What do they do?
Do they Resent death? Regret death or even Curse death?
Does not their soul shiver around our alive souls?
Ah! if only we knew how they lived in death…..
 
Tis today I tell you my dearest friend
I have lived in death and seen death and felt death
And I did not have to travel far and yonder
So this day I live to tell, tales that amaze and wonder

Death is but that man who lets
His life slip away whilst alive
Death is but that man who gets
No joy nor pain in any strife

Death is me and death is you
From the moment we make that bargain with life
From that very moment we fear our end
From that very moment when we pretend--
To love and live and personify
False hopes, borrowed dreams and regretful joy

Death my friend I found in me
And took him by his arm
Death my friend , I did set free
For Gone is the awe, Gone is the Charm.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment