Tuesday, January 10, 2012

inventory


I took stock yesterday
Of the things I possess


The earth and all other planets for one
The rest of the space I'm willing to share
The Love of all those I love
The rest of it can go to hell

The watch and bag I spent a load on
The things that make my living room pretty
The spices that make me a good "wife"
My bag of medicines that got us out
Of seeing a doctor in every city of the country

The songs that I played on a friend's party
The songs I sing when I'm nervous
A facebook profile with a few pictures
A broken compass box from school
A few books that I bought without external influence

A set of podgy cheeks
The glass of milk I MUST DRINK
every bloody day
The phones I bought and hated the next week
The newly acquired visciousness
That has kept dogs at bay

The special evening snack I take
The eggs I buy and never eat
The plastic smile that makes the mouth ache
The love of oasis and that of coldplay

The calender that I cannot stand to see
The days that make me age
The life that makes me "live with it"
The love that makes me grow up

There- thats all i own till date
Write that in a will and pass it on
Anybody out there?
Anybody AT ALL who would place a bid?







1 comment: